Saturday, November 17, 2012

Celtic music and.. carmeggeden!?

Pandora is lovely. I'm switching between Celtic music, disco, and Two Door Cinema Club; my music taste really has changed!

So, the tire popped yesterday. The second one within a year. They are old, and new tires are super expensive! ($100 for my big'ol car!) Alex got a very nice used one yesterday so we're back on the road.
Car mishaps are happening to everyone. My friend Emily's car just recently broke down, her mom's car's motor gave out before that, Toby saw four cars on the side of the road in town with dead batteries, and now my tire has gone out. Carmeggeden!? That's my theory. With hurricanes, dying cars and rising tensions with Gaza and Israel, we just may be staring "2012" in the face.

Just kidding!.. I hope. I NEED to graduate. I haven't spent fourteen years of my life waiting to graduate to NOT do it! So, if the Earth really feels the need to die out, I ask that it politely wait until June 8th, 2013. Or heck, 3000 will do just fine. I need to be a Nurse Practitioner too!

I wanted to update the world on my "weight loss"/health journey. I am currently a vegetarian for my senior project (and testing it out for myself too) so that'll probably help. I'm currently 137.8ish. I haven't been going to the gym as often, but I'm still keeping off the pounds. I haven't gone above 140 in at least a month, so I'm happy. I'm down to size 9 in jeans which really was my initial goal in the first place! I'd love to get to 135, but I'm perfectly fine if I stay the same now or simply build muscle mass.
Thinking back to how I used to eat literally sickens me. Seeing how my friends eat kind of sickens me. I've forgotten what soda tastes like, and I really don't wanna know. I'm proud that I've kicked so many habits that could have endangered my life later. Most of it really is thanks to my lovely sister, as she introduced me first to the wonderful ways of more greens and organics! Now I just need to live closer to a Whole Foods..

I suppose I should get back to homework. I have one more anatomy chapter to do today, some online Latin and MAYBE research for English.

Namaste!


- T. Smith

2 comments:

  1. You can't put "ish" after writing your weight to ".8!" :-) That's exact.

    You are too sweet attributing your successes to me. It's all you, sister! You're the one who's made the choices and is actively changing your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. * Ohhh, hush!

    * This is true, but influence ways heavily on choices! I'd be another statistic on America's obesity epidemic if it weren't partially for you!

    ReplyDelete