Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Stress and the Stars

Ah, back to the old grind. A stressful grind, that is.

Today in anatomy, we were supposed to have all of our notes done for the Endocrine system. The one I haven't started. Whoops.
AND we had a lab quiz on some muscle of our cats we're dissecting. I made a 55. Whoops.
AND we have a quiz tomorrow on how blood travels to heart. Okay.
AND we have homework due Friday on how blood travels to the brain and back, and to the big toe and back. Great.
AND we have a quiz on THAT Monday. YAY.
AND we have three chapters of multiple choice, short answer, AND critical thinking. Due? MONDAY.
AND I have my LOVELY research paper for English/Senior project due Monday. MONDAY.

What does all of this mean? A weekend spent locked up on my computer, tuning out the world, and getting into a realm of focus in which I've never experienced before.

Anatomy was a time for thinking, "What AM I doing with my life? I'm seventeen and feel like I should be starting to dig my own grave. I haven't even begun taking college courses yet."
It was also a time for rebellion. We now have a, 'No eating or drinking in class' (unenforced) rule that was created because of irresponsible, undeserving students in the class. Toby was mad and stressed, as I was, and proceeded to get out a granola bar, eat it, and sprinkle some of the crumbs on the floor. It made us feel better.

Now, back to the topic at hand.
I have always had a minor interest in astrology and horoscopes and what-not. I've also heard of people saying, "Mercury is in retrograde," not understanding what they were saying. I finally decided to google it to see what it meant. It turns out the day I looked it up (Monday, the 26th) was the last day of Mercury in retrograde, which leads to several things being chaotic. A main thing is transportation issues, and, if you remember, I talked about carmeggedan earlier this month - one can't help to think that it's connected. I know not all of it is the truth, but it's neat to think about.

So, I'm in school right now, and I should probably get off and start on my health blog. I don't even want to go to the gym today.

Love and Light and Peace,
T.Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment