Friday, November 23, 2012

Autumn Days

Ah, it was wonderful 62 by about 2pm. It's cooling off now, but felt wonderful earlier.

The picture here was taking in the driveway of the shop with some special effects. I got a new camera app on my phone that makes my photography look more like photography worth seeing.

Thanksgiving was GREAT! Alex's mom can really cook. I made a very soft (too much evaporated milk) pumpkin pie, flaky biscuits, and pretty much burnt cookies to bring. She said she loved the pie soft and loves burnt cookies, so I wasn't looked down upon!

We started with cheese-filled pupusas, made simply from cornmeal and cheese. I could've eaten ten then and there, but I had other things to eat! She brought out stuffing, mixed/caramelized vegetables (she called them something specific, but I can't remember..), apple pie, the massive, delicious smelling turkey (it hurt, I wanted some so bad), and tinfoil-wrapped tamales. She made three specifically for me (leftovers)! I unwrapped it to find a corn-husk protecting the cornmeal and vegetables inside - it smelt exactly like green tea.
I was in heaven. My want for the delicious turkey went away (until Alex grabbed the leg and the meat slid right off..) and I happily finished the food filled plate. I rested for a bit, as I was super stuffed, and snuck in a piece of apple AND pumpkin pie. I had a great time! I feel so welcomed there by everyone, and love that they consider me apart of their family.

His mom even invited my sister (and probably my only reader), Carey for a Christmas-get-together! (: Is it a date?

Today Alex and I went to the gym for some much-needed workout time. I was 137.4, .3 less than I was a week ago, and Alex said it was probably muscle mass loss.. and I agree. I think I need to focus on toning and muscle building more than cardio, since everytime I go to the gym it's elliptical-elliptical-elliptical.

We also went to TJ Maxx to see if I could find a scarf. I found a super soft, cozy one for.. $125. HAH.
I instead got saffron mango green tea and some guacomolee chips. We went to PetSmart, gazed at some reptiles and rodents, gawked at the adorable cats in need of new homes (I wish..) and were on our way home with pumpkin iced coffee to boot.

It's been a great break. I need to SUPER focus on my research paper tomorrow, as I'm behind, but I'm not stressing too badly. I'm so glad I got that anatomy out of the way early - he didn't give us anything else!

I will end this with some pictures I snapped within the past couple of days. I'm hoping for a camera and a book or two I've been eyeing for Christmas... *COUGH COUGH,* but you know, all in time. (:

Love, Light, & Peace,
T. Smith

 Thanksgiving 2012


4 comments:

  1. I'd love to meet Alex's family. Has mom??

    Thanks for the slide show too! Did you make that pumpkin pie? It's beautiful. ... & those tamales. mmmm...

    I was thinking of something more practical for your C-mas gift, like insurance or a couple tires. Something to take some stress out of your life so you can focus on school. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. S-t-i-l-l hate the code I have to enter every blooming time I comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! Mom has met his mom and sister's. His mom can have a conversation with anyone!

    I did make the pumpkin pie, there's some left - no one else is eating it, so it's all mine! I still have one more left over, and I think it's calling for me for lunch..

    I would loooo-o-o-o-ove insurance. A lot. I was planning on getting some type of VERY part-time job for Saturday and Sunday to help pay for it once I get it and my license. It'll be tons easier to manage next semester too, since I have easier classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. - sorry! They don't know you aren't a robot. Maybe I can fix it..

    ReplyDelete