Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Guns and Stress

It's been (as usual) an interesting couple of weeks.

First, I want to address the tragedy that occurred last Friday in Connecticut. Twenty-six amazing individuals are no longer with us, because a man who was possibly not "right-in-the-head" got his hands on an assault weapon and found the deepest evil in his heart. It is beyond me how someone could desire to do that.
Furthermore, there needs to be certain laws put in place to present thing from happening. A psychiatric evaluation should be conducted before the purchase and certification to owe ANY lethal weapon, and these evaluations need to be kept up-to-date as long as the individual has possession of the weapon. Assault weapons, those used to WARFARE, should NOT be sold to the general public, period. Now, how to remove the currently owned assault weapons, I'm not sure, but these rules should be put in place now.

Ok, off my soapbox.

This has been the busiest week of my life. I know, I probably say that every week, but I am up to my eyeballs in homework. Mainly the cursed class that I have no idea WHY I took.. anatomy. If you aren't familiar with the class, look up Hell in the encyclopedia. After this week is done, I swear I'll be sittin' pretty and happy.

In other news, I took the TEAS-V, or the Test of Essential Academic Skills, test yesterday. I had to make proficient in order to still be considered for the RIBN program. Sadly... I...
MADE IT! :) I made proficient! It only took me two hours too. So now I'll just do my FAFSA, make sure my application for Mitchell's nursing is complete, and hope, wait, and pray for Spring to come quickly.

In other OTHER news, it's less than a week from Christmas and I haven't gotten squat (don't worry, I'm ordering today!) and I'll get to see my sister next Tuesday! I can't wait to spend time with her and just forget about the fact that I'm about to graduate and still have to present for my Senior project..

Anywho, I should probably get back to doing the anatomy I've been complaining about. I just haven't updated this is a while and wanted to keep it relevant!

Love & Light & Peace,
In remembrance of every soul freed at Sandy Hook,
T. Smith

1 comment:

  1. Hhmmm... Nurse. Anatomy. Something tells me you *need* that class.

    This was a nice round update! I need to do the same to my blog.

    You should be feeling some relief from that homework right about now. Blink.

    xo ~ C

    ReplyDelete