Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Martin Luther King JR. Day!


I'm off of school.. whoo!
Kind of anyway. I was supposed to get my Winter Formal dress Friday, but mom said it was too cold, so we were supposed to get it today, but she has to work too much.
And then Daniel's birthday is tomorrow, and we were supposed to go tour the BMW Plant in Spartanburg. But mom's being realistic and bringing down my optimistic mood by saying "It's supposed to snow tonight, a lot. You probably won't be able to go. The only way you'll even get to Daniel's is if you go tonight. Sorry."
I do admit that at times I tend to bring people's mood down by realism. But she overdoes it.
It seems like it's working out now. I hope I can go. He's my best friend.
So yeah. That's about it. I'm kind of mad right now, and a bit sorrowful. Oh well. I'll get better.
I also have two more days off of school. Yayyy.
Happy mini-vacation. <3

3 comments:

  1. I love Martin Luther King Jr! He was one of the great movers & shakers, and such a powerful way with words & voice. I get chills still. I've started a Civil Rights unit w/ my class & Mary's 1st graders. We began by talking about Rosa Parks last week. Martin stepped into the limelight & became a leader in the movement when he began to speak out during the Montogomary Bus Boycott, which followed Rosa's arrest.

    Today is also the 200th anniversary of Edgar Allan Poe, yo' man. Don't fret yourself too much with those silly boys. Throw yourself into learning as much as you can. You will never regret educating yourself.

    I'm sorry you've been bummed. I'll wish for things to pan out for you. I hear you about Mom; I dare say she's always been like that too, with the "realistic" talks. It can be discouraging. Just remember, beware that it might happen, but you don't have to accept it as absolute. Keep thinking & wishing for the positive.

    Finally I see my AK dot on your cluster map!

    ...xo...

    P.S. Tomorrow we inaggurate (sp?) our new president!

    P.S.S. My classroom was flooded by a pipe bursting on Sat... 2 other classroom windows blew open, which covered Everything in snow. Mo lata w/ pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just realized that Morello plays for one of my favorite bands, Rage Against The Machine (duh!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete