Monday, December 3, 2012

Au'naturale

      "HE world is too much with us: late and soon,
      Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers:
      Little we see in Nature that is ours;
      We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
      This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon;
      The winds that will be howling at all hours,
      And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers;
      For this, for everything, we are out of tune;
      It moves us not. -- Great God! I'd rather be
      A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn;
      So might I, standing on this pleasant lea,
      Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn;
      Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea;
      Or hear old Triton blow his wreathèd horn."
      - William Wordsworth
       
      This is a poem we have to analyze tonight for English. I dreaded having to do so, as poem analysis' are boring for the most part, but after reading it and learning it's meaning, I enjoyed it. 
      From what I got out of it, it's about humans not respected nature as much as they should, and how materialistic we have become. It's just refreshing to read a poem that doesn't have to deal with love, or lackthereof, and instead directs action to a thing important to me, nature.
       
      In other news, I have my anatomy chapter work done! (This deserves a parade)
      Also, my research paper is done! Not turned in.. but done!
      And my anatomy lab practical is tomorrow.. eh. I really am not confident, but I'm hoping for the best.
      And finally, it was 70 degrees today. In December. I was happy to get a break from the chill, but I'm still hoping for a day of snow.. or a week.
       
      Well, I think that's about it. I shall be on my way!
       
       Best picture I could get of the full moon the other night.
       
      Love & Light & Peace,
      T. Smith
       
      Song of the day:
      If I Ever Feel Better
      by Phoenix

No comments:

Post a Comment